We assist veterans and their dependents in filing for any benefits that would be appropriate. These include, but may not be limited to, Service-connected Disability Compensation; Non-Service-connected Disability Pension; Educational Benefits for the Veteran as well as Family Members if they meet eligibility; Burial Benefits for the Veteran; Survivors DIC if the military member died in the service or of Service Connected Disabilities; and Widow's Pension, provided veteran served during wartime; provide benefits verifications and information which can be used for establishing social services assistance; obtain Military Discharge papers.

VA provides necessary dental care for veterans who were not provided dental examination and treatment within 90 days of discharge and apply within 180 days separation from the service. The time limit does not apply to veterans with dental disabilities resulting from combat wounds or service injuries.

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) assists children of veterans who are presently rated 100% Service Connected Disabled, or children of military killed in service, or who died of service connected disabilities. The State of California also has a college assistance program Fee Tuition Waiver Program may be what some callers are asking about, and that eligibility information is available by contacting this office, or right on the back of the DVS-40 Application Form.

If your death is attributable to a Service-connected cause, your surviving spouse may apply for Dependency & Indemnity Compensation (DIC), which is a monthly payment compensating your spouse for your loss. Another potential benefit, the Non-service Connected Disability Pension, is payable if you served during one of the Wartime Periods (such as WWII, Korea, etc.) and your surviving spouse's monthly income falls below a certain amount established by the DVA. A burial benefit may be paid to a surviving spouse if at the time of your death you are in receipt of a Service-connected Disability Compensation Award; or if as the veteran, you were receiving a Non-service-connected Disability Pension, or your death occurs while you are in a VA Medical Facility.

We can assist you in completing the necessary form to be sent off to the National Archives. You can usually receive a copy of your papers in three to four months.

If you developed diabetes mellitus (Type II) and were exposed to Agent Orange or other herbicides during military service, you do not have to prove a connection between the disease and your military service to be eligible to receive VA disability compensation. The VA presumes a service-connected relationship exists, based on the eligibility criteria, that diabetes mellitus (Type II), or adult-onset diabetes, is associated with exposure to Agent Orange or other herbicides.